Russian Mobile Market Outlook 2009
RusTele.com provides an outlook for key mobile trends in 2009 for a diverse set of Russian mobile market.
Key Issues & Facts
- What effect will the global financial downturn have on Russian mobile markets in 2009?
- What are the main factors that are driving the mobile market in the region?
- What are the recent trends and developments in the mobile industry in Russia?
- What is the mobile subscriber penetration rate in Russia?
- How value-added services are driving the mobile phone market?
- What are the future growth prospects and opportunities for the mobile industry in Russia?
Top Three Mobile Market Opportunities in Russia
Top Three Market Threats in Russia
Mobile Market Dynamics
Operator Perspectives (VimpelCom, MegaFon, MTS)
How will the Russian market be impacted by the ongoing economic downturn?
Figure 1: Russia, subs & net adds, 2005-2012
The Russian market has been experiencing steady ARPU growth in recent quarters, but is this sustainable?
Figure 2: Russia, net additions vs ARPU, 2003-2008
Figure 3: Russia, Minutes of use vs APPM, 2003-2008
What does 2009 hold for Russia’s 3G market?
Figure 4: Russia, WCDMA & HSPA subs forecast, 2008-2013
Will the Russian operators continue to expand their presence throughout the CIS and do CIS expansion opportunities remain?
What opportunities are available for Russian operators to expand beyond the Russian and CIS region?
How will Russia’s leading operators build their brand and ensure customer loyalty in a competitive market?
Will a move into the retail sector help strengthen Russian operators’ market status during economic instability?
Mobile market data including:
- ARPU - tracking the global changes by operator
- Global cellular operator subscribers - detailing subscriber growth for the leading global operator groups by equity and by total subscriptions
- Prepaid subscribers - by operators
- Operator financial data - tracks the key financials (revenues, EBITDA and Capex) for the largest operators
- Vendor contracts - a summary of the wireless network infrastructure contracts value by vendor.
Who should read this report: