Please install Adobe Flash Player.

Consulting services

  • Market entry strategy
  • Business plan development
  • Strategy audit
  • Competitive intelligence
  • Product evaluation
  • Due diligence
  • Distributor / agent search

Research services

  • Market studies analysis / sizing and trends
  • Customer service / satisfaction surveys
  • Competitive positioning intelligence
  • Brand tracking
  • Advertising effectiveness research
  • Pricing research

Customers

  • National operators
  • International operators
  • Telecom vendors
  • Incumbents
  • New entrants
  • Governments

ER-Telecom files with regulators to buy Akado

PDFPrintE-mail

MOSCOW, Jul 12 (PRIME) -- Russian wireline operator ER-Telecom last week filed a bid to the antitrust service seeking to receive permission to buy Internet and pay TV provider Akado Group, an official with the regulator told PRIME Thursday.

According to the official, the Federal Antimonopoly Service will consider the bid within one month.

The regulator did not say which stake of Akado ER-Telecom wants to buy. A source familiar with the matter told PRIME that ER-Telecom intends to acquire 100% of Akado.

The price of the deal has yet to be discussed, the source also said.

In late June, a source close to Akado’s shareholders told PRIME that ER-Telecom had reached a preliminary agreement on the acquisition.

Akado is one of the largest wireline broadband operators in Russia with around 800,000 broadband and pay TV services in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and the Moscow Region.

Akado’s major shareholders are billionaire Viktor Vekselberg’s multi-industry group Renova holding a 67% stake and Yury Pripachkin, who owns the remaining 33% through CMCR Management.

In 2010, Renova was close to selling its stake to wireline operator Rostelecom, but the deal failed because Rostelecom’s parent firm, state-run telecommunications holding Svyazinvest, said that Akado’s valuation of U.S. $1.2 billion was overestimated.

In 2011, the shareholder of major mobile operator MegaFon’s intended to buy Akado for $900 million, but the operator’s management rejected the deal.

Latest News

30 May 2017

ChronoPay looks to kickstart bitcoin adoption in Russia

St.-Petersburg, May 30 (Hacked.com & CCN) ChronoPay, one of Russia’s oldest online payments providers, is including bitcoin to its payment gateway, enabling all of its clients to accept the...
Read more...
12 May 2017

Russia’s largest online retailer will accept Bitcoin despite Central Bank slapdown

St.-Petersburg, May 12 (Сryptocompare) Russian e-commerce giant Ulmart is planning to start accepting bitcoin as a method of payment from 1 September, 2017. The online retailer was considering accepting...
Read more...
23 December 2016

MegaFon to buy Mail.ru stake for $740 million from Usmanov

MOSCOW, Dec 23 (Bloomberg) Alisher Usmanov and his partners are set to pocket $740 million from moving a stake in internet company Mail.ru Group Ltd. to MegaFon PJSC, as the Russian billionaire consolidates...
Read more...
20 December 2016

Deloitte says 7% Russian cell clients change operators in H1

MOSCOW, Dec 20 (PRIME) -- About 7% of Russian mobile subscribers changed their operators in January–June as compared to 4–5% of users who switched to other operators within six months in several...
Read more...
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by JoomlaVision.Com