Please install Adobe Flash Player.

Consulting services

  • Market entry strategy
  • Business plan development
  • Strategy audit
  • Competitive intelligence
  • Product evaluation
  • Due diligence
  • Distributor / agent search

Research services

  • Market studies analysis / sizing and trends
  • Customer service / satisfaction surveys
  • Competitive positioning intelligence
  • Brand tracking
  • Advertising effectiveness research
  • Pricing research

Customers

  • National operators
  • International operators
  • Telecom vendors
  • Incumbents
  • New entrants
  • Governments

Richard Branson’s Virgin Connect buys Moscow region broadband triple-play operator

PDFPrintE-mail

Trivon AG, the Switzerland-based company which does business through its subsidiaries under the Virgin Connect brand in Russia, has acquired 75% of Speedyline, a triple-play operator operating in the Moscow region. Trivon has also got the option for the further purchase of the remaining 25%.

The deal was completed in December, but announced only last week. Its terms have not been disclosed.

The Speedyline Group of companies is one of the leading regional B2C broadband, telecom and TV operators with its own extensive fiber optic network and portfolio of triple play services. This acquisition ”bolsters the market position of Virgin Connect in the Moscow region and strengthens the business for further investment in the Moscow region,” Trivon stated.

“This merger of Speedyline into Virgin Connect is the next step in the execution of our strategy – find local operators in key regions of Russia with exceptional local management and enable them to grow as part of the Virgin Connect family of companies. Virgin Connect has experience with this partnership approach and the approach seems to be well accepted by operators across the country,” Virgin Connect CEO Istvan Kovacs explained.

“We begin to focus more on the opportunities in the B2C markets,” commented Trivon co-CEO Markus Mueller commented. “The Speedyline infrastructure allows us to provide high quality services in a very competitive consumer market”.

In 2013, Trivon acquired MegaMax, one of the leading B2B broadband and telecom operators in the Nizhny Novgorod region.

In September of last year, the Western company opened new regional headquarters in Nizhny Novgorod, confirming its commitment to doing business in Russia.

The Virgin Connect brand is a licensed trademark of the Virgin Group, owned by British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson.

East-West Digital News

Latest News

30 May 2017

ChronoPay looks to kickstart bitcoin adoption in Russia

St.-Petersburg, May 30 (Hacked.com & CCN) ChronoPay, one of Russia’s oldest online payments providers, is including bitcoin to its payment gateway, enabling all of its clients to accept the...
Read more...
12 May 2017

Russia’s largest online retailer will accept Bitcoin despite Central Bank slapdown

St.-Petersburg, May 12 (Сryptocompare) Russian e-commerce giant Ulmart is planning to start accepting bitcoin as a method of payment from 1 September, 2017. The online retailer was considering accepting...
Read more...
23 December 2016

MegaFon to buy Mail.ru stake for $740 million from Usmanov

MOSCOW, Dec 23 (Bloomberg) Alisher Usmanov and his partners are set to pocket $740 million from moving a stake in internet company Mail.ru Group Ltd. to MegaFon PJSC, as the Russian billionaire consolidates...
Read more...
20 December 2016

Deloitte says 7% Russian cell clients change operators in H1

MOSCOW, Dec 20 (PRIME) -- About 7% of Russian mobile subscribers changed their operators in January–June as compared to 4–5% of users who switched to other operators within six months in several...
Read more...
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by JoomlaVision.Com